Clear plastic jar with lid
Stickers or cut-outs to decorate the jar and/or lid (optional)
A print out of Scooby
120ml PVA glue
1 tablespoon contact lens saline solution
½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
STEP BY STEP:
Decorate your lid:
1. Paint the lid of your jar with the PVA glue.
2. Sprinkle with glitter, or allow to dry and then paint. You can add stickers or cut-outs here too.
Decorate your jar:
3. Cut out an image of Scooby or your favourite character and place it inside the jar, get an adult to help when using scissors.
4. Fix design in place with a little bit of tape if needed.
5. Use a permanent marker to trace the design.
6. Add as many characters as you like until you are happy with your jar design.
Make your slime:
6. Mix 120ml of PVA glue with 120ml of water.
7. Add food colouring to make it the colour of your choice.
8. Add glitter if you are using that too.
9. Add 1 tablespoon of contact lens saline solution.
10. Add ½ teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda.
11. Mix everything together really well until the mixture goes stringy and starts to pull away from the sides of the mixing bowl.
12. Pour out the mixture onto a clean surface and use your hands to knead it until your mixture is nice and slimey and doesn’t stick to your hands anymore.
13. Once you’re finished playing with it, keep your slime in your decorated jar for next time.
Before adding glitter to your lid, fold a piece of paper and place it on your table. This will catch the excess glitter and make it easy to pour back into a container for next time.
The best images for tracing are ones which have clear lines. Find some to print on the link below.
If your slime isn’t peeling away from sides, try adding a little more bicarbonate of soda.
Look out for eco-friendly glitter if you can find it.
Be sure to add the contact lens solution before you add the bicarbonate of soda.