A shoe box
White coloured LED lights
A white plastic sheet
A clear plastic folder
Movie reel and boomerang character print outs
8 large rubber bands
And small letter cut-outs
FOR THE MOVIE TICKET
Cinema ticket printouts
Coloured pens or pencils
Popcorn packet print out
A red pen or pencil
1. With a grownup’s help, cut out your movie reel and character printouts.
2. Glue your cutouts onto the sides of your shoebox.
3. Take the box and place it over the plastic sheet, using the box as a guide mark around the edge with a pencil.
4. Do the same with the lid.
5. With a grown-ups help cut out both the plastic sheet and lid, following the pencil line.
6. Using the center of the lid, measure out a 10 by 5 grid pattern to create 50 points, or enough for the number of lights you have.
7. Mark out each point.
8. Carefully make a small hole with a pencil at each point.
9. Take your lights and push each one through a hole, one row at a time, up and down like a zig zag. You should end up with the cable in one corner.
10. With the lights facing towards you, place them into the back of the box with the cable running along one of the bottom corners.
11. Secure the lights in place with tape.
12. With the box facing up, place the plastic sheet over the top and carefully stick in place with tape.
13. With two rubber bands at a time, place them over the length of the box until you have four equally spaced rows.
14. Grab your plastic folder, and measure out a grid of squares 4 or 5 cms in size, each square should be just bigger than your letters.
15. Then with the help of a grownup, cut them out.
16. Using PVA glue, stick each of your letters onto a square. For this video we’ve used a hot glue gun set to a low heat, this will help to make sure the plastic and letters don’t warp.
17. Print out your tickets from the Boomerang website.
18. Colour in.
19. Add the name and time of your chosen film.
20. Cut them out.
21. Cut your gold card into 30 by 18 cm rectangles.
22. Stick on the cut-outs to the gold background.
23. Print our your box template from the Boomerang website and carefully cut around the edge.
24. Fold your cut outs along the solid lines.
25. Glue and quickly fold together before it dries.
26. Fill with popcorn or a snack of your choice.
Twist the rubber bands around each letter to help hold them in place!