Roll of tape
Cardboard tube from kitchen or toilet roll
At least 2 different colours of tissue paper
Character cut-outs (optional)
STEP BY STEP:
MAKE YOUR OWN EGG:
1. Blow up your balloon into an egg shape and then tie it off.
2. Tear the newspaper into strips.
3. Mix 1 part PVA glue to 1 part water.
4. Using a roll of tape as support, paint the balloon all over with the glue mixture, and then cover with the newspaper strips, make sure you get as close to the knot as possible.
5. Continue until everywhere is well covered with two or three layers of paper, except the knot.
6. Carefully cut a small strip off the bottom of a toilet roll tube to create a stand.
7. Whilst the glue is still wet, place the balloon on top of the stand, making sure to keep the big side at the bottom.
8. Leave to dry overnight.
9. Then paint the whole balloon white.
10.Leave to dry.
11.Pop the balloon and remove by pulling on the knot.
12.Choose one colour of tissue paper and tear into small pieces.
13.Repeat the gluing process with the tissue paper and make sure to cover the knot hole on the top.
14.With the help of a grown up, cut a sponge into an interesting shape.
15.Dip the sponge in paint and stamp your egg to decorate. You could also use a brush.
16.Leave it to dry.
17.You can also stick on cut-outs of your favourite characters.
18.Use a pencil to draw a zig zag line around the egg shape.
19.Ask a grown-up to carefully cut along the line with a craft knife.
20.Paint the inside of the egg and leave to dry.
21.Cut strips of tissue paper to make the egg filling.
22.Stuff this into the bottom of the egg to create a nest and add your favourite treats.